udhcpc and IPv6
dallas
2008-05-15 21:30:00 UTC
Hello All,

Does anyone know if udhcpc has been upgraded to fully
support IPv6 yet? I'm eager to hear from anyone who has
direct experience using it with IPv6. I would appreciate
any advice you can provide.

Thanks,

Dallas Clement
Roy Marples
2008-05-16 07:22:34 UTC
Post by dallas
Does anyone know if udhcpc has been upgraded to fully
support IPv6 yet? I'm eager to hear from anyone who has
direct experience using it with IPv6. I would appreciate
any advice you can provide.
udhcp is IPv4 only.
You should look at ISC DHCP-4 [1] for a IPv4 + IPv6 client, or IPv6 only
clients like Dibbler [2].

Thanks

Roy

[1] http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/dhcp/