BusyBox and IPv6 support
Denys Vlasenko
2010-01-31 23:47:11 UTC
Can you tell me if BusyBox supports IPv6 natively?
Yes, it does.
If it can not currently support IPv6 natively is capable of acting as IPv6/IPv4 translator?
Is the firewall capable of blocking IPv6 when running in a pure IPv4 environment?
Busybox does not include any sort of firewall.
You need to read the FAQ on busybox.net
to better understand what busybox is:

http://busybox.net/FAQ.html
As a Zyxel router owner I am interested in having the option to select the following options
WAN? IP Type
? ? ? ? ? IPv4 traffic only (IPv6 traffic blocked)
? ? ? ? ? IPv6/IPv4 translation
????????? IPv4/IPv6 translation
? ? ? ? ? IPv6 and IPv4
? ? ? ? ? IPv6 traffic only? (IPv4 traffic blocked)
LAN IP? Type
? ? ? ? ? IPv4 traffic only (IPv6 traffic blocked)
??? ? ? ? IPv6/IPv4 translation
????????? IPv4/IPv6 translation
? ? ? ? ? IPv6 and IPv4
? ? ? ? ? IPv6 traffic only? (IPv4 traffic blocked)
Does BusyBox permit such configuration?
I did not understand the question.

Anyway, since busybox runs on Linux only, your device
obviosly runs Linux.
On Linux it is possible to set up very complex firewall
configurations. Most likely it is also possible to do
what you need too.

vda
Denys Vlasenko
2010-02-01 02:41:36 UTC
If busybox supports IPv6, whether it has the dhcpv6 client support.
for IPv4 we have udhcpc client. so for IPv6 whether we have wide-dhcp or
dibbler client (dhcp6c) on busybox. whether we have this on busybox.
No, busybox does not have it.
vda
Alina Friedrichsen
2010-02-01 04:07:10 UTC
Post by Denys Vlasenko
If busybox supports IPv6, whether it has the dhcpv6 client support.
for IPv4 we have udhcpc client. so for IPv6 whether we have wide-dhcp or
dibbler client (dhcp6c) on busybox. whether we have this on busybox.
No, busybox does not have it.
Maybe use radvd? The client is integrated in the linux kernel.

Alina
Alina Friedrichsen
2010-02-02 01:37:14 UTC
Only a simple configuration. This do I use on my router:

interface br-lan
{
AdvSendAdvert on;
AdvManagedFlag off;
AdvOtherConfigFlag off;

prefix 2001:4b88:10fa::1/64
{
AdvOnLink on;
AdvAutonomous on;
AdvRouterAddr off;
};

RDNSS fe80::4830:fbff:fe81:7cce
{
};
};

br-lan is the LAN port. RDNSS only if you have an IPv6 nameserver, if
not simply remove it.
Thanks for your replies.
Alina,
I think radvd is used for stateless auto-configuration.
But i need stateful. so i downloaded wide-dhcp binary package.
so thanks. but may i know how to use radvd ..? (any configurations
needed..?)